The Performing Arts Center of Pacific Grove was originally built in 1923 as part of an expansion of the Pacific Grove High School. It was primarily used for school and community productions and was enjoyed by locals throughout the 1920's and 30's.
It miraculously survived a fire in 1946 that destroyed most of the high school and became a fixture of the local music and artistic scene.
In 2003, the Pacific Grove Rotary Club decided to make thje Performing Arts Center's restoration and rebirth it's Centennial Project to celebrate 100 years of Rotary (1905-2005).
The Performing Arts Center contunues to host performances of the highest caliber and is poised to become one of the true "must plays" in California.